Today, I would like to share with a recipe I tried some time ago and was a huge success.
Back in March, I got this vegetarian-only recipe book from a Portuguese author; no, I'm not transitioning to become a vegetarian or vegan, but sometimes is good to have a meal without meat or fish, or dessert that doesn't contain tons of sugar or other bad (but tasty) stuff.
It's all about the balance, right?
I was surprised by how easy and tasty this turned out. It was gone in a blink of an eye... :-)
What you'll need:
- approx. 1 kg apples, finely diced
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 6 strawberries
- bit of salt (tiny tidy bit)
- 1 tbs agar-agar (I used regular powder gelatine)
- 3 tbs agave syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh fruit of your choice to decorate
- Bake the apples, in low heat, for about 10-15 min, with the 1 tbs of water.
- Add the strawberries, 1/2 cup of water, the salt, the agar-agar (or powder gelatine) and let it boil for about 3-5 min.
- Remove it from the heat, add 2 tbs of agave syrup and the lemon zest. Put it in the blender until you get a creamy consistency.
- In a tray of your choice, add the remaining agave syrup and pour in the apple cream you just prepared and let it cool down.
- Once it is a room temperature, put it the fridge until solid.
- Whenever you are ready to serve it, slice some fresh fruit and decorate as you please. Mine turned out like this:
This was definitely a winner in any front; taste, preparation and guilty-level hahaha :-)
I totally recommend it; it is also a nice way to use your fruit once it starts to get woo soft.
All pics with Sony a5100 w/ kit lens
Original recipe here: LINK
Bom apetite! ;-)